Wednesday, December 9, 2009

birthday!

Yesterday was my birthday! In true RJ: Team South Africa style, Anna and Gabby have been treating me to an awesome, three-day, deliciously fattening celebration of my 18th birthday. We started the festivities on Monday night when they made me homemade peanut butter cups - yum! Then on Tuesday, on my actual b-day, we did a bunch of delightful things.
First we went out to lunch at Essence, a wonderful cafe near our house. Then we went up to Phil and Christine's house to watch...wait for it...FOOTBALL!!!! AHH!!!! We got to watch the Ravens play the Packers! True, it was a sad game, but I have been so football starved that it didn't even hurt that much.
Then Gabby and Anna made me Indian food, and we had a feast. It was topped off by the scrumptious chocolate cake with strawberry frosting we had for dessert. It even had candles on it. Amazing!
Today, Anna bought me a coconut dessert at Spar, the local amazing grocery store. And tonight, we hope to find "Hot Rod" at the video rental store, so we can end the celebration in true style.

1 comment: