Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sometimes I feel like there is a lot to be gained from being a part of BCI.
I know I spend a lot of time feeling frustrated with the church and wanting to go home, but I think I'm ready to get over myself. I mean, okay - I know that I disagree with a lot of BCI's theology, and this is different from what I'm used to, and I sometimes feel useless here, but I don't want to waste ten months of my life trying to cut myself off from an entity that I basically live with. I don't want to waste my time in South Africa trying to claw my way out of South Africa. What I really want is to get to know the people of BCI, because I think that is where the treasure lies. Sure, sometimes I disagree with the pulpit, but one thing I know for sure is that the man (or woman) behind the pulpit is still a person with a heart and, I'm sure, some good in them somewhere. So I hope these next seven or so months are spent, on my part, working to get to know the people around me and learning to love them.

1 comment: