Tuesday, December 29, 2009

So! Even though I often say “I never do anything here,” it’s not really like I’m always on vacation. I mean, I look for work, and that’s almost like working. Also, I am always available to do work if it comes up.
However. Now, I can finally say that I really don’t have anything to do! I’m on vacation!!
Christmas (as you know) just happened, and New Year’s (as you know) is rapidly approaching (ahh!! 2010!). So this whole week – that’s right, the whole week – we don’t have to work! We don’t have to report to the office at all. We can just chill. Oh. My. Goodness.
Yesterday was the beginning of our vacation. I slept in and woke to a delightful, sunny, gorgeous blue sky. My morning was slightly interrupted by a text message from our pastor asking us to clean up the church yard because of a recent wind storm, but it was so gorgeous outside that I didn’t even mind. After that Gabby and I went outside and sun/shade bathed in delightful silence. The carpenters (who normally work in our backyard every day but Sunday) are now on vacation as well. It was awesome.
I plan on doing mostly nothing this week. I will probably venture out to the store at some point this week (unfortunately the need to eat and bathe doesn’t go on vacation) and we will hopefully go to a waterfall with some friends on Wednesday for a picnic, but other than that my days are blissfully empty. Score!

Also: Christmas was pretty good. We were invited to the home of a family member of some church members (I know, right?), and we ate like there was no tomorrow. The food was basically eternal. Then we came home, chilled, and watched all of the Christmas episodes that we have from “The Office.” Very nice.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Connie, I just caught up on your blog and have been amazed and entranced by your descriptions of your experience so far .... The way you write about your joys, confusion, and all the hard stuff, is wonderfully descriptive. I don't know if you can tell, but you have already gotten so much out of this! Keep writing. Stephanie Tadjiki

    ReplyDelete