Thursday, November 5, 2009

All Good Things


Can I tell you a secret? I CAN DRIVE! Yeah, it's true...I'm pretty much the Queen of Vehicular Motion.

Okay maybe not...but hey. It was only a couple months ago that I could hardly sit behind the wheel of a standard vehicle for two minutes without getting kicked into the passenger seat. And now! I drove all the way home from the mall tonight without stalling once! Okay...well I stalled two or three times, but only in the parking lot. It was awesome! I was and still am so excited!

This weekend we are going to Durban, and I will drive again!!!! Oh my goodness!

So yeah. Also today we went to a pizza place and had all-you-can-eat pizza. That was awesome, and surprisingly cheap. And since we were there to celebrate a birthday, I got to spend a good few hours today making a giant birthday card. And Anna drew penguins on it! It was superb.

Also today I taught an ESL class all on my own! We have some new students in the ESL class who know a very small amount of English, so I led a separate class with them. I have never done this before...so I did not really know what I was doing. However, we managed to fill up the two hours with useful information, like days of the week and body parts, so that was nice. I hope I didn't overload them. But I'm really excited to continue teaching this class. Not only is it a challenge (rawr!!), I definitely feel like if I'm able to teach them anything at all it will help them, and I like that.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Constant, Here are a few things aboout discernment that may help about the why God put you where He put you.
    1)Let your heart educate your mind. god speaks to you through your heart.
    2)Look for the fruits of the spirit especially love, joy, peace. If we are anxious, angry and worried we can't say we are sure of being securely in God's will.
    3) Have a soft heart but a hard head. Sharp as a fox and loyal as a dog in will and deed.
    So of us still ask the questions you are asking 50 years down the road. As the song says.. Be not Afraid". We love you from afar, be safe Speed Racer!!!

    ReplyDelete