Monday, September 14, 2009

Less Than One Week Left


We leave in less than one week!
It still has not hit me yet. I find it difficult to believe that a week from now I will be in South Africa, getting used to another new place and more new people. I will miss Chicago! But I am definitely very excited to leave.
Up until today I was not sure if I would really be leaving on the 20th. My visa application process was less than perfectly smooth, and I had not heard anything about whether it had been approved or not. It was extremely nerve-wracking. However! Today I called the embassy in D.C. and found out that it has been approved, and my visa is on its way to my house at long last. It was such a relief to hear that. If I didn't get my visa in time to leave, my entire team would be delayed and we would all have to wait in Chicago for it to come.
Six days left - South Africa, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Connie,
    Great blog! I hope you can keep it up and that it is a helpful, spiritual tool in your walk with Christ. Your time at JPUSA sounds amazing! Great place to land to get ready to go to South Africa. Prayers are coming your way!
    A

    ReplyDelete