Friday, September 18, 2009

Only Two Days Left!

I cannot believe it! We are leaving for South Africa in two days. Two days. Two days!
I don't know if I'm ready to leave or not. Today my visa will be arriving, so technically I am finally ready, but I'm not so sure. I will miss everyone here lots and lots.
Yesterday was a celebratory day. As teams we went out to enjoy the city, and Team South Africa went mini golfing and to get ice cream. Mini golfing was hard, so we quit early, but it was still quite fun. And (of course) the ice cream was delicious.
Later in the evening we went out as a big group to have dinner together. It was awesome! The staff treated us to a three-course meal at a local restaurant called Cafe Too (Cafe Too provides job training to the homeless and underprivileged, and for many of the cooks our meal was the first one they had prepared). I was so impressed with the food, and it was a really good time. The meal took a couple of hours, and afterwards we headed to the beach to pray and talk, so we had lots of good conversation and fun for one of the last times in ten months :(.
I am really looking forward to leaving, but also I am really really not. I guess that doesn't matter much though. Pietermaritzburg, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment