Wednesday, September 30, 2009

pastaa!!!! and soup!! and cars!!


Three things that I love about South Africa – pasta, soup, and cars.
We just recently got pots and pans! As in a couple of days ago. As in Monday. Up until Monday, we had no way to cook anything! Granted, we were out of town and eating in a cafeteria until Sunday night, but we missed being able to cook and eat good food. So first thing Monday night, Tim made spaghetti! His famous spaghetti sauce turned out to be really really good! It was so good. It was awesome. We were all so happy to eat hot food at home! It was a real partayy.
Then Gabby made soup yesterday – potato soup! It also was very goooood. And then we went out and ate pizza. So two dinners! Yes! Double win!
Then today I made lasagna and French bread rolls! It took forevvverrrrrr but I love making bread! And it was so fun and then we got to eat it and it was oh. so. good.
And also, I just want to say that the cars here are so wonderful. That is, wonderful aside from the fact that I can’t drive them – yet – because they are all standard and also they drive on the wrong side of the road here. But they have an abundance of beautiful old Mercedes-Benz and Mini Cooper and VW vehicles, and they are all oh-so-gorgeous! Anytime I go anywhere I have to stop myself from drooling all over everything and/or taking pictures nonstop. It’s like heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment